Dec 8, 2021
The importance of high volume resiliency in fundraising software
Online fundraising is a highly effective way to gather donations for your organization. The internet connects people worldwide, providing the opportunity to reach many more people with your message than you would with solely in-person initiatives.
With many fundraising software options to choose from based on the type of event you’re running, your organization’s website needs to be in great shape to welcome visitors and allow them to easily donate to your cause. Resilient software ensures your site can stay running even in periods of high traffic, so donation interruptions and site crashes are a thing of the past.
What is high volume resiliency in fundraising software?
High volume resilience is a website’s ability to handle a large number of users during high traffic times. You want your fundraising website to do the most for your organization, even when many people are using it at once. Attracting many people to your site is a tremendous accomplishment for your cause, and your software should be able to keep up.
Like many other industries, fundraising is increasingly moving into the digital sphere. Now that donating to causes online is more convenient than ever, it’s also important to ensure the virtual donation platforms you use can withstand the traffic generated from your effective strategies.
What are the benefits of high volume resiliency?
Online giving grew by 21% in 2020, the largest increase in history. With more people donating online than ever before, your organization will benefit from resilient technology and a flexible team eager to strategize and help your efforts pay off.
When your organization’s website runs as efficiently as possible, you’re able to market your cause effectively and attract many more donations than in-person efforts can provide.
Some of the biggest benefits of high volume resiliency include:
- Welcoming more traffic: When your site can process many people’s requests all at once, users will have a positive experience and be more likely to donate.
- Team critical thinking skills: Resilient software builds resilient fundraising teams. Resiliency is all about bouncing back and figuring out how to move forward. When your focus is on maximizing your time and efforts on your virtual platforms, your team will learn to think ahead and spot new opportunities for further success.
- Time for other focuses: When you’re free from trying to manage your site and keep it running during periods of high traffic, you have the time to work on other areas of your campaign to make it the best it can be.
- Improved data analytics: Having resilient online fundraising software also means you can better learn about and serve your donors through data analytics. Your online donation systems should be able to collect data about your donors to facilitate more personalized interactions in the future. A functioning website with minimal issues can collect and deliver this information so you can work on creating better user experiences and building relationships with donors.
- More donation opportunities: Website crashes cost companies money. In the time that your organization could have spent receiving donations, you instead must race to fix the issue. Resilient websites stay up and running, so you have more opportunities to receive donations.
Why does high volume resiliency matter?
High traffic on your site is a sign of a successful campaign, so if you experience many site visitors, you’re headed in the right direction! However, with higher traffic comes a higher risk of issues such as website crashes due to high volume.
Jumping into a digital platform with no resiliency plan can result in system crashes and site outages, which can directly inconvenience your donors. When a website is slow, lagging, or down, visitors cannot learn more about what you do or donate to your organization.
With the internet as a prime source of information on any topic imaginable, your site is often the first way for people to learn more about your organization. Troublesome websites may make people lose interest in donating or lose trust in your organization to provide quality services for the causes you support.
Some common reasons websites crash include:
- Weak site infrastructure: When too many people want to do too many things on your site, it may not be able to support such high traffic levels.
- Congestion: If too many people flock to one page of your site at a time, it could affect your site’s overall performance.
- Unexpected customer buildup: If your site suddenly experiences more traffic than it’s used to receiving, the systems in place for everyday operation may not sustain.
Avoid these situations through resilient software, which ensures your fundraising site can welcome a high volume of visitors all at once. Instead of scrambling to respond to issues as they arise, take preventive measures to avoid potential common problems and keep your site running smoothly under high traffic situations.
Why choose GiveSmart?
Virtual fundraising is a tried-and-true method of connecting with your donors and making a difference. With an abundance of effective technology at your fingertips, you can easily spread your mission, communicate your message and accept large volumes of donations.
GiveSmart offers an array of specialized software options for any type of fundraiser, from online ticketing platforms to mobile auction management services. We help you plan your event, configure the resilient software you need, and train your team to be their own software experts. We also help facilitate your event so donors can feel confident funding your organization.
Our programs bring you flexibility and freedom to fundraise on a schedule that works best for you. Access our platform from anywhere at any time, and receive professional assistance curated to your organization’s needs and goals.
Contact GiveSmart for resilient fundraising software
At GiveSmart, we know your organization’s main fundraising goal is to do good in the world by meaningfully connecting with donors. We’re passionate about the causes you’re passionate about, which is why our comprehensive fundraising platform gives you everything you need for a successful campaign. As part of a company collective that brings industry experience, resources, and technology to the table, GiveSmart is fully equipped to serve your organization’s mission.
GiveSmart wants to help you create positive change in the world. Our leading fundraising technology can help you with every step of your event process. We offer 24/7 customer support, one-on-one consultation, and technology to help you achieve success with any type of event. Contact us today to see how our software can benefit your fundraising campaign!