This year has been one like no other in school history. Every teacher is pulling triple duty between remote, in person, and/or hybrid learning. And, it isn’t like teachers had it easy before.
Celebrate these heroes during Teacher Appreciation Week with wish list fulfillment fundraiser! How will you have the time? Even you have just one hour, you can create and share a personal campaign to enrich your classrooms and school. Reward their hard work!
- Start by rounding-up the basic supplies, classroom upgrades, books, and more that teachers want – and let’s be real NEED —but where the budget just isn’t there. Make sure every teacher, support staff, and enrichment classroom is represented, and gather photos of items on their wish lists.
- Create a separate entry for each thing on your online fundraising platform. In GiveSmart, you can quickly add items with a few clicks. Login to your admin site, choose “Items” at the top, choose “+New Item”, and you are well on your way!
- Fill out the needed information for each wish list item. Most the information you need is contingent on the item itself, but a few options will be the same if you are using GiveSmart. Choose “Donate” as your Type. Make the Price Type “Donation Levels”. Doing both things ensures the best setup for a wishlist. After you are all done adding, your list will show in the items tab of your page, as seen below.
Did you know 83% of students say a teacher has boosted their self-esteem and confidence? Our classrooms are far more than a place where reading, writing, and arithmetic are learned. Support those heroes who do far more than their job on paper, each and every day.
Teacher Appreciation Fundraiser Examples
With teachers spending around $500 each year of their own money on classroom supplies, there will always be a need for fresh, easy fundraising ideas. Check out the examples below for ideas that inspir
- Tracks to Reopening: Self-checkout and contactless item redemption - August 3, 2021
- Giving USA 2021 report highlights record $471.44 billion to U.S. charities in 2020 - July 30, 2021
- Hybrid fundraisers and how to run them - July 27, 2021