With hybrid and in–person events on the calendar for 2021, how are you going to handle check–in when you need to maintain a safe distance? And what can self-check–in mean for your event – from volunteer to venue space needs – when social distancing isn’t a safety concern anymore?
Guests and staff want face time at an event
Of course they do! But whose time is best spent in line?
Your guests should be spending time perusing your auction or buying raffle tickets. Most galas, golf outings, and luncheons have limited time outside of the program or activity. Allowing and empowering your guests to do self-check-in means they will spend more time engaging with your staff and mission. And, instead of having a long check-in table, you could reassign that space to revenue enhancers, such as auction tables or a raffle sales area.
You may have concerns about guests’ hesitancy to self-check-in. First, you will still be able to maintain that high level of service to VIPs or people who are just more comfortable with the old way of checking in. Second, with 75% of e-commerce sales, totaling $3.5 trillion in 2020, happening on a mobile device, the consumer prefers mobile, contactless transactions. Last, you can still have volunteer and staff greeters making your guests feel welcomed, and engaging with them on a personal level. The limited facetime to have can be spent relationship building, and not doing transactions.
Take a look at these quick, easy tips to see how you can provide this preference to your guests.
Registering for fundraising and adding a credit card:
- Guests use their own device to text your custom keyword to GiveSmart’s number
- If they bought or confirmed a ticket before the event, they’re in!
- If not, GiveSmart’s technology prompts your guests to enter their name, email address, and credit card information.
- Adding a credit card is easier than ever through auto-fill or camera scan. (Typing it in is still an option, too.)
- *TIP: Use signage or welcome cards to communicate the simple instructions: Text KEYWORD to 76278.
Confirming table/ticket :
- With GiveSmart Ticketing and Seating Management, you can assign guests and groups to tables with a simple drag and drop.
- When it’s time for guests to arrive or be seated, send a text message that automatically shares the assigned table number with each registered guest.
Asking questions and getting support:
- Assign a team member or volunteer to help guests who need it, and create easy to see, clear signage and messaging.
We have resources and training to make a contactless check-in easy and guest-friendly! Your guests came to your event to support your mission. Make their experience even better.
- Tracks to Reopening: Self-checkout and contactless item redemption - August 3, 2021
- Giving USA 2021 report highlights record $471.44 billion to U.S. charities in 2020 - July 30, 2021
- Hybrid fundraisers and how to run them - July 27, 2021