Do you typically rely on live, in-person events to raise money for your nonprofit? Due to unforeseen circumstances, you might have to find fundraising alternatives that don’t require large gatherings. There’s never been a better time to explore the many benefits of online event fundraising for your organization.
What are online fundraising events?
Online fundraising will enable you to use the power and reach of the internet to stage a virtual fundraising event. Prospective donors can then enjoy the convenience of “attending” your event from the comfort of their home or wherever they are via their internet-connected computer, smartphone or tablet. You’ll have the flexibility to hold a virtual auction that facilitates online bidding or make a presentation that directs donors to a donation page where they can make an immediate, secure contribution. See how these organizations did it…and succeeded.
What are the benefits of online events?
Holding fundraising events online offers several valuable advantages, including:
- No human contact required: Recent global events have drawn attention to the potential downside of gathering a large group of people to one location. Online fundraising enables individuals to maintain the appropriate “social distance” while still being able to engage with the fundraising activity.
- Saved time: Planning an in-person fundraising event is a time-consuming activity that requires attention to numerous details. Setting up an online event will eliminate many steps in the process, allowing you to make more efficient use of your time.
- Cost-effective operation: With online fundraising, you won’t have to rent a hall, provide fancy, expensive dinners, or splurge for entertainment. All you’ll need is a little creativity and the right technological support to stage a successful event.
- Immediacy: Online events eliminate the need for donors to write and mail checks. Whether they provide the winning bid at a virtual auction or contribute via an online donation page, you’ll receive the funds immediately.
- Increased attendance: In many cases, only individuals within a particular city or geographic area can attend an in-person fundraising event. With virtual event fundraising, there are no such restrictions. Thanks to the global reach of the internet, you can invite anyone in the world to participate, enabling you to receive more donations.
- Recurring donations: Many nonprofits rely on recurring donations to meet their ongoing fundraising objectives and lock-in revenue. Online events offer the perfect opportunity to encourage attendees to arrange monthly donations via credit or debit cards, PayPal or other convenient, secure payment methods.
- Easy analysis: When you’re implementing a software package to facilitate your online event, you’ll gain access to an abundance of valuable data and statistics. You’ll achieve more insight into the results of your fundraising efforts and be able to identify opportunities for enhancing future events.