Before leveraging digital channels to expand its donor reach, Great Rivers United Way relied on traditional workplace giving methods, such as payroll deductions and paper pledge forms.
By leveraging [GiveSmart] solutions, and per the request of their corporate partners, Great Rivers United Way launched two pilot programs to test out online pledge forms as opposed to the standard paper pledge forms they had been using before.
[GiveSmart’s] online workplace giving campaigns allowed them to:
- Alleviate all paperwork associated with using paper pledge forms
- Send daily campaign reports and updates to all participants
- Leverage meaningful content through videos hosted on the form to show the impact that donors create through their donations
- Collect donor information more easily
- Deployed an ‘impact calculator’ which showed in real-time how donations were being distributed
Using [GiveSmart’s] online workplace giving forms, Great Rivers United Way raised $20,000+ in workplace donations through the platform and had 150+ digital forms completed from employees through their corporate partnerships after launching the two pilot programs.
Great Rivers United Way is working to advance the common good and create opportunities for a better life for everyone in their six-county region: Buffalo, La Crosse, Monroe, Trempealeau, and Vernon counties in Wisconsin, and Houston County in Minnesota. Great Rivers United Way focuses on the building blocks for a good life:
- Education: helping children and youth achieve their potential
- Income: promoting financial stability and independence
- Health: improving people’s health
- Community basics: providing access to basic needs like food, shelter, and safety
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes in the Coulee Region by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change.
GiveSmart is a fundraising and donor management system that enables organizations to accelerate fundraising through configurable, mobile-friendly campaigns, peer-to-peer giving, auction and event management, simple tracking, and secure payment processing.
Our mission is to help nonprofits and organizations reach their fundraising goals while creating an engaging, exciting, and easy giving experience for their donors. All. Year. Round. Click here to get started with GiveSmart.
Disclaimer: This case study originally featured a nonprofit that used MobileCause. MobileCause is now fully integrated into the GiveSmart platform. All mentions have been edited to reflect the new naming conventions.
The legacy feature set, staff assistance, and training continue to support thousands of nonprofits in raising billions of dollars. We invite you to check out GiveSmart Fundraise, Events, and Donor CRM today.