After partnering in more than 10,000 charity events, the GiveSmart team has seen a variety of interesting, unique, and off-the-beaten-path venues.
Most people have been to their fair share of events held at hotels, conference centers or restaurants. To switch things up GiveSmart has taken note of some incredible and creative spaces. By taking your events to new venues your organization is creating lasting memories for guests. Your organization may also want to consider using your own space to save on cost, and to allow guests to directly connect with the cause that they’re supporting.
Here are ten of our favorite event venues:
- Airplane Hangar. See Flight to Luxury. It’s not often one finds themselves standing underneath the wing of a jet. Combine a unique experience with the appeal of an event your guests will not want to miss.
- Cruise Ship. With a captive audience and a high-class feel, a Cruise Ship brings the right atmosphere for higher bids and a fantastic experience. Vacation, anyone?
- Museum. A night at the museum is an ever-popular event theme. Whether the museum is hosting their own party, or another organization is using the space, it’s always an unexpected place to have dinner and a few drinks. Added bonus: wander the galleries at night and avoid the crowds!
- Sports Stadium. Sports fans relish in going to the home of their favorite sports team. Many stadiums have large event spaces built into their club levels. Not only will your guests enjoy your event, but they’ll also have the opportunity to experience an exclusive part of the venue.
- Art gallery. Looking for a space to host a strolling cocktail hour? Art galleries are a great option, as they are known for providing open space and things to look at, perhaps even bid on.
- Car Dealership. Instead of looking for that car dealer to sponsor your event, bring the event to the dealership. Use the showroom floor as a platform for your event and let guests check out the latest cars.
- Beach. Sure a beach is messier than these other options, but who wouldn’t want to drop mega dollars with their favorite charity as they take in the ocean or lake air.
- Farm. Farm-to-table is all the buzz as we learn and care more about where our food comes from. Beautiful barns are being restored left and right just waiting to host an event!
- Library. Get between the books and turn study tables into space for donors to gather. Food and drink rules may be strict but they’re definitely worth abiding by.
- Aquarium. Have you ever toasted next to a beluga whale? Most of our aquarium partners raise a glass to their sea creatures each year hosting their gala among the fish, sharks, penguins, and seals. They often rent the space out for other events too, so reach out to your local aquarium.