Careful! Mind The Gap Between Planner and Donor Expectations for Signature Events
How solid does your team feel about capturing all that good will, aka donor intent, at your signature event? Perhaps you’re doing pretty well but sense that your community and donors have more to give?
We think you might be right.
New Research | Comparing Planner & Donor Expectations
To look at this comparison, we conducted a research study to better understand the importance of signature fundraising events from the perspective of donors and event planners.
How will we make sense of this data? Our Managing Director of Nonprofit and Association Solutions for Community Brands, Erin Shy, has pulled the top insights to share. Joining her will be Ann Hale, CFRE, and Chief Development Officer Anchorage Musuem. Ann is also immediate Past Chair of the AFP Global Board of Directors representing AFP’s 32,000 members across the globe.
Insights include, but are (definitely) not limited to:
- The importance of signature events to a donor’s connection with your organization
- How signature events impact levels of giving
- How event planners promote events and how donors actually hear about them
- Trending event programming and fundraising tactics
- Post-event actions and desired follow ups
- And ultimately, the importance that these events hold in furthering fundraising missions
Explore this study to determine new opportunities to sync and connect with your donors.
As an event planner do you know where you’re meeting your donors’ expectations? Where you’re missing them? Let’s fill those gaps. We want to help you build your event strategy around donors’ desires to shape the future of fundraising.